Aam Panna is a refreshing summer drink made of raw mango pulp mixed with cumin, jeera and mint leaves. This is an Indian drink which is not only refreshing but also energizing. It helps you get hydrated in an instant and aids in battling sweltering heat.
Aam panna – Ingredients
- Raw Mangoes- 500 Grams
- Sugar – 1 Cup
- Salt – To Taste
- Black Rock Salt(Kala Namak) – 1 Tsp
- Roasted & Powdered Cumin Seeds – 1 Tbsp
- Finely chopped mint leaves – As per your requirements
- Water – 2 Litre
How to prepare Aam Panna Drink
- Peel the raw mangoes and roughly cut the mangoes. Place them along with the seed in a deep pan.
- Add water along with sugar, salt, black salt, roasted cumin powder and bring to a boil.
- Cover & let it simmer for 30minutes.
- Then, Remove it from fire and leave it to cool completely.
- Now scrape and pulp from the mango seed and add it back to the thick syrup.
- Next, Pour the syrup into a mixer along with mint leaves and it is now ready to be store in a refrigerator for 2 weeks.
- To prepare the drink, place few ice cubes in a glass and pour 4-6tbsp of the thick syrup on the ice and top up with water. Serve chilled.
Check out other recipes here