Achari Aloo is a spicy & tangy vegetable dish cooked in North Indian Style.
Recipe Contributor- Corporate Executive Chef Sunil
Achari Aloo – Ingredients
- Potatoes – 800gms
- Onion – 350 gms
- Tomatoes – 200gms
- Ginger Julienne – 20 gms
- Red ChilliPowder- 15 gms
- Fennel seeds- 08 gms
- Cumin Seeds -08 gms
- Whole Coriander- 10gms
- Kalonji- 04gms Rai- 06gs
- Mustard Oil- 25ml
- Refined Oil- 25ml
- Achari Masala- very little
- Ginger Garlic Paste- 15 gms
- Turmeric Powder- Very Little
How to make Achari Aloo?
- Wash and peel potatoes, and cut them into a rectangular shape.
- Chop onion and tomatoes finely.
- Heat Fennel seeds, cumin seeds, whole coriander, kalonji and rai over the fire in a pan, remove and crush them.
- Heat mustard oil (should be heated till it has smoky flavour), remove from fire and add very little turmeric powder and refined oil.
- In a medium-size frying pan, put those chopped onions and fry it till it turns golden brown after that add ginger garlic paste.
- Next, add salt, red chilli powder after few minutes add potatoes. Cook and stir it for few minutes. You can also add boiling water to cook the potatoes if required.
- Now squeeze mango pickle and collect the masala.Mix this with the earlier crushed masala and add to the almost done potatoes also add half of the ginger julienne.
- Sprinkle some chaat masala and cook for 2-3 minutes and garnish with strips of ginger.
Accompaniments: Serve hot with Roti/ Naan. Utensils: Handis, Frying Pan.
About Corporate Executive Chef Sunil Soni
- Chef Sunil Soni was born and brought up in New Delhi, and did his initial culinary training at Taj Hotel.
- Chef Soni has written in numerous magazines and newspapers both in India the including India, Kuwait, Kenya, Seychelles and USA. He is a prolific writer and comes up with relevant articles, ahead of times about food.
- Click here to know more about Corporate Executive Chef Sunil Soni.