Andhra Chicken Curry Recipe
Ingredients-Andhra Chicken Curry
- Chicken- 500 Grams
- Turmeric Powder- One Teaspoon
- Chili Powder-One and Half Teaspoon
- Coriander seeds- Two Teaspoon
- Cumin seeds- Half Teaspoon
- Fennel seeds- Half Teaspoon
- Poppy seeds(Khus khus)-Two Teaspoon
- Green cardamom- Two Pieces
- Cloves- Three Peices
- Cinnamon- One 1 inch piece
- Onions, finely chopped- Two Piece
- Green chillies, cut- Three Piece
- Curry leaves- Twenty leaves
- Ginger garlic paste- Two Teaspoon
- Red tomatoes, chopped- Two Medium
- Refined oil- 3 Tablespoon
- Salt for seasoning As Per Your Requirement
How To Prepare Andhra Chicken Curry
- Marinate the chicken with the items indicated and set aside for 30 mins.
- Roast the spices(coriander seeds, cumin seeds, fennel seeds, poppy seeds, green cardamom, cloves, cinnamon) in a pan on low heat for 3 mins. Take it out on a plate & allow it to cool. Grind it into a powder.
- Chop the onions & tomatoes, slit and cut the green chillies.
- Next, heat oil in a pan or kadhai.
- Add the cut green chillies & curry leaves, give it a mix.
- Now add the chopped onions and fry on medium heat for 10 mins till it starts turning brown.
- Add the ginger-garlic paste and fry on low heat for 2 mins.
- Now add the marinated chicken and fry on high heat for 2 mins. Continue to fry on medium heat for another 4- 5 mins till the chicken pieces are browned.
- Now add the ground spice powder, give a mix and add a splash of water. – Add salt, 1/4 tsp or to taste & mix.
- Continue to fry on low to medium heat for 5 mins till it cooks & coats the chicken pieces.
- Add the chopped tomatoes and mix & fry on medium heat for a minute.
- Now reduce the heat to low and cook covered for 10 mins till the tomatoes are soft and pulpy (saucy consistency).
- Add 150 ml water, give a mix and cook covered on low heat for another 10 mins till the chicken is tender.
Check out our Instagram Page-Here
Also check out our Chicken Beliram Recipe-Here
Looks amazing 😍
[…] Check out our Andhra Chicken Curry Recipe- here […]