Apple Halwa Recipe
Apple Halwa can be served cold, or warm during the winter months. It can also be used as the base for a spiced apple oat crumble. Peel the apples just before cooking them to avoid discolouration.
Apple Halwa- Ingredients
- 2Tbsp Ghee
- 1 Kg apples (preferred to weigh the apples before peeling), peeled, cored and chopped
- 1/4 Tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 1 Tsp Vanilla Extract
- 2Tbsp Caster Sugar
- 3Tbsp Ground Almonds
How to make Apple Halwa?
- Heat a pan on medium heat and add the ghee or butter.
- Tip in the apple pieces and saute for 10-15 minutes until the apples are soft. Mash them and continue sauteing until the mixture becomes quick thick.
- Add the cinnamon, vanilla and sugar and mix it well! Add the almonds and mix well for 2 minutes. Continue to stir and cook until the mixture starts to come away from the sides of the pan.
- Remove from the heat and serve warm, or leave to cool, then cut into squares or shape into balls.
- Apple Halwa can be covered and stored in the fridge for 3-5 days.
Recipe Contributor- Damodar Seth
Check out or other recipes here – click here