Blueberry Cheesecake Recipe For Birthdays
Blueberry Cheesecake is a sweet dessert consisting of one or more layers. Typically a cheesecake consists of a mixture of soft, fresh cheese, sugar and eggs. This is a dish from ancient greek time. Cheesecake has many variants all over the world. Like in India it is known as Chenna Poda, In the Philippines known as Ube Cheese Cake and etc. May 26th known as Blueberry Cheesecake Day.
Ingredients For Blueberry Cheesecake
- Blueberries- 5 Piece
- Sugar- Two Tablespoon
- Lemon Juice-Two teaspoon
- Digestive Biscuit- 1 Packet
- Melted Butter- 6 Tablespoon
- Cream Cheese-Half Cup
- large Eggs- Two
- Vanilla Extract- One Teaspoon
- Sour Cream -Half Cup
- All Purpose Flour-Two Tablespoon
- Kosher Salt-Half Teaspoon
- Blueberry Puree-One Cup
- Whipped Cream
How To Make Cheesecake?
- Preheat oven to 325 In a small food processor, blend blueberries until no large chunks remain.
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, add blueberry puree, sugar, and lemon juice.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and let simmer until slightly reduced, stirring occasionally, 10 minutes. Let cool to room temperature.
- Make crust: In a large bowl, mix together graham cracker crumbs, melted butter, and sugar, until mixture resembles wet sand. Press into bottom and up sides of an 8″ or 9″ springform pan.
- Make cheesecake: In a large bowl using a hand mixer (or in the bowl of a stand mixer), beat cream cheese and sugar until no lumps remain.
- Add eggs, one at a time, then stir in vanilla and sour cream. Add flour and salt and beat until just combined. Fold in blueberry puree.
- Pour mixture over crust. Wrap bottom of pan in aluminum foil and place in a large roasting pan. Pour in enough boiling water to come halfway up the baking pan.
- Bake until center of cheesecake only slightly jiggles, about 1 hour 30 minutes. Turn off heat, prop open oven door, and let cheesecake cool in oven, 1 hour.
- Remove foil and refrigerate cheesecake until completely chilled, at least 5 hours and up to overnight.
- When ready to serve, top cheesecake with whipped cream and blueberries.