Carbonara derives its name from ‘carbone’ which means coal. It was a popular pasta among coal miners. The original recipe requires guanciale,if it is not readily available, you can use bacon.
- Spaghetti-1 Packet
- Bacon- 100 Grams
- Eggs- Three
- Egg Yolk- One
- Pecorino romano or parmesan, grated Cheese- 100 Grams
- Olive Oil- 1 Tbsp
- Black pepper (coarsely crushed)
- Salt-To Taste
How To Prepare Carbonara Pasta With Spaghetti
- In a large pan or a saucepan, heat the olive oil and fry the bacon till crisp. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, beat the whole eggs and the yolk well. Mix in the grated cheese and set aside.
- Boil the spaghetti in rich salty water. Drain the pasta, reserving some of the cooking water.
- In another saucepan, toss the pasta with the egg mixture, bacon and any fat rendered from cooking the bacon, over very low heat.
- Make sure that the individual strands of pasta are all covered properly with the mixture. Season with salt, add the pasta water, give it a quick toss, and remove right away from the heat.
- The sauce should have a creamy texture, which will be lost if the pasta remains on the fire for too long.
- The idea is to cook the egg with the heat of the pasta, and not with the heat of the fire.
- Serve right away with lots of pepper, freshly crushed in a pepper mill, and more Parmesan if desired.
Check out our Instagram Page-here
Also Read 6 different types of Bruschetta recipes-here