Cordon Bleu is a Swiss dish of meat wrapped around cheese (or with cheese filling), then breaded and pan-fried or deep-fried.
Chicken Cordeon Bleu – Ingredients
- Chicken Breast (skinless and boneless) – 300 Grams
- Five Cheese Slices
- Five Chicken Ham (Thin Slices) –
- Maida – 1 Cup
- Egg – 2 Beaten Egg
- Bread Crumbs – 1 Cup
- A greased baking dish
- Butter – 5 Tbsp
- Chicken Stock- 1 Cup
- Cream – 1 Cup
- Garlic Paste – 1 Tsp
- Salt – As per your requirement
- Black Pepper Powder – Half Tsp
- Dried Oregano – Half Tsp
- Fresh Oregano – 2 Tbsp
How to make Chicken Cordeon Bleu
- Slit the chicken breasts, lenghtwise and pound to 1/8 inch thickness and sprinkle salt and pepper on both sides.
- Keeping the smooth side down, place the a slice of ham over each chicken breast and then a slice of cheese.
- Next, Roll up each breast using toothpicks to secure if necessary.
- Dredge each in flour, shake off excess, then roll again in egg and finally in bread-crumbs.
- Place seam side down in the baking dish. Place one tbsp of butter on each piece of chicken.
- Bake at 300 degrees for 30 minutes or till the juices run clear.
- Side by side, in a saucepan, combine chicken stock and whipping cream.
- Garnish with salt, pepper, garlic and oregano.
- Simmer on low and keep stirring till it becomes thick.
- Pour it over the chicken and serve hot.
Check out our other recipes here