Ingredients for Dahi kabab
- Fresh Dahi or curd or yoghurt-Two Cups
- PANEER crumbled-1¼ cup
- Chopped cashew nuts-10 pieces
- Onions very finely chopped-¼ cup
- Ginger paste-1½ tsp
- Chopped-2 Green Chilies
- Garam Masala -1 to 1 ¼ tsp
- Coriander leaves-3 tbsp
- Salt as needed
- Bread Crumbs- Half Cup
- Maida -2 to 3 tbsps
- Oil as needed for shallow frying
How To Prepare Dahi Kebab
Hung Curd Process
- Place a clean muslin cloth over a sieve or filter. Pour the curd and bring together the edges of the cloth.
- Then wring the cloth to drain up excess whey from the curd.
- Refrigerate 12 to 14 hours. The whey drips and gets collected to the bowl. Hung curd is ready.
- Place a heavy object like 2 to 3 ceramic bowls over the curd pack.
Preparation of Dahi Kebab & Frying
- Crumble paneer or bread crumbs and add it to a mixing bowl along with hung curd.
- Add all the other ingredients – ginger, garlic, chilli, garam masala, onions, cashews and coriander leaves.
- Mix well just to make a non-sticky dough.
- Divide the dough into equal-sized balls. Flatten them.
- Then roll them in besan or any flour you prefer. Shake them off gently to remove excess flour. Set aside for 5 to 7 mins.
- Heat oil for shallow frying.
- When the oil is just hot enough, slide the Dahi kabab one after the other.
- Next, fry them on a medium flame. When one side turns golden, flip them and fry on the other side as well.
- Fry all the dahi kababs until golden and crisp.
- Serve Dahi kabab hot with green chutney or mint chutney.