Easy Breakfast Recipes To Make At Home
Breakfast recipes are easy to cook, delicious even have nutritional value. The first and the important meal of the day should be healthy and well balanced. Which should consist of all the dietary nutrients like carbohydrates, proteins etc.
Masala Oats| Breakfast Recipes
Oats are cereals which have range of potentials health benefit.
Masala Oats Ingredients
- Oats- One and Half Cup
- Chopped Carrots-One Cup
- Peas-One Cup
- Chopped Green Beans-One Cup
- Chopped Onion-One Piece
- Ginger Paste-One Teaspoon
- Garlic Paste-One Teaspoon
- Chopped Tomato-One Piece
- Coriander Powder-One Teaspoon
- Turmeric Powder-One Teaspoon
- Garam Masla-Half Teaspoon
- Red Chilli-Half Teaspoon
- Salt-As per your requirement
- Olive Oil-One Tablespoon
- 3 cups Water
- Lemon Juice-One Teaspoon
- Chopped Coriander Leaves-Two Tablespoon
How to cook Masala Oats
- Roast oats until golden or they begin to smell good. Set aside.
- Heat a pan with oil. Add cumin and allow to crackle.
- Sauté ginger garlic until the raw smell goes off next, add onions and fry until they turn slightly golden or pink.
- Saute veggies for 2 to 3 mins. Add tomatoes, sprinkle salt and turmeric.
- Cook until the tomatoes turn completely mushy.
- Add chilli powder, garam masala or pav bhaji masala and coriander powder.
- Mix and fry for 2 to 3 minutes until it smells good.
- Add water and bring it to a boil and add oats and stir well.
- Cover and cook. If needed add more or less water to adjust the consistency.
- Add coriander leaves.
- Drizzle some ghee over the hot masala oats. Serve it with chutney or raita.
Curd Sandwich| Breakfast Recipes
Curd Sandwich Breakfast Recipe Ingredients
- Chopped Cabbage- Half Cup
- Grated Carrots Half Cup
- Boiled Corn Kernels- Half Cup
- Finely Chopped Bell Pepper- Three Tablespoons
- Hung Curd – 100 Grams
- Black Pepper-As per need
- Oregano-As per need
- Red Chili Flakes- Half Teaspoon
- Salt- As per need
- Butter- 1 Tablespoon
- Bread- 8 to 10 slices
How To Prepare Curd Sandwich?
- First, wash and finely chop the veggies in a food processor.
- Add the curd, black pepper powder, oregano, salt and red chilli flakes and mix it well.
- Take the bread slices and spread some butter along with the hung curd mixture.
- Place the sandwich in a preheated sandwich maker and grill it till it is crispy and goldish.
- Serve hot with potato wedges and tomato ketchup.
Grain-Free Banana Protein Pancake| Breakfast Recipes
Grain-Free Banana Protein Pancake Ingredients
- Vanilla Protein Powder- 50 Grams
- Mashed Banana- Two Pieces
- Baking Powder – Half Teaspoon
- Egg Whites-Two
- Unsweetened Milk- Half Cup
How To Make Grain-Free Banana Protein Pancake
- Add all the dry ingredients and the wet ingredients and mix it well until thick. Spray a medium skillet or pancake grill with non-stick spray.
- Over low-medium heat add each pancake one at a time. Let cook for 2-4 mins on each side. Be patient but watch carefully. Cook time depends on your stovetop. Mine were about 3 mins on each side.
- Top with maple syrup, nut butter or preserves of choice.
Rava Upma | Breakfast Recipes
Rava Upma is a traditional South Indian breakfast recipe. The recipe is made with semolina(sooji) and veggies. Also popularly called Khara Bhath it Karnataka. Serve the Rava Upma with freshly brewed filter coffee and fresh fruits.
Ingredients for Upma Recipe
- Sooji- One Cup
- Chopped Onion- One Piece
- Chopped Ginger- One Inch
- Chopped Green Chillies- Two Pieces
- Curry Leaves- 10 Leaves
- Chopped Carrot- One Piece
- Green Beans- Half Cup
- Mustard Seeds- Half Teaspoon
- White Urad Dal(Split)- One Teaspoon
- Cooking Oil- One Teaspoon
- Ghee- Three Tablespoons
- Lemon Juice- One Lemon
- Salt-As per need
How To Cook Upma For Breakfast?
- In a saucepan; boil 3 cups of water along with salt and set aside.
- Add the vegetables to this water and cook it until the sooji gets roasted.
- Heat oil in a heavy-bottomed pan on medium heat; add mustard seeds, half urad dal seeds and allow it to crackle and the dal to turn golden brown and crisp.
- Stir in the onions, ginger, asafoetida, curry leaves and green chillies and sauté until onions are tender.
- Stir in the sooji and roast along with the onion mixture until you get the lightly roasted aroma.
- Gradually pour the hot water into the above mixture and continue to stir in the process.
- Turn the heat to low, cover the pan and allow the Rava Upma to cook and steam in the heat.
- Keep stirring occasionally to avoid lumps. This will take about 10 minutes.
- Finally, stir in the ghee and lemon juice and sauté for a couple of minutes on low heat until all the ingredients are well combined.