Chicken curry is an Indian staple and it’s tried and experimented in different houses of India that every simple chicken curry recipe will have a unique taste be it in West Bengal, Maharashtra, Uttar Pradesh or other parts of India.
Chicken curry recipe for beginners. This in-depth post on how to make chicken curry at home will walk you through making the best dish with pantry staples. This is one of the easiest that even a newbie or single can cook with an amazing result. Not only does it taste delicious, but it is also very tasty with soft, tender, and succulent chicken pieces.
Ingredients for Chicken Curry Recipe
- Chicken Breasts- One Kg(Curry Cut)
- Onions-Two Pieces
- Garlic Cloves- Three Pieces
- Grated Ginger-One Tablespoon
- Vegetable Oil- Three Tablespoon
- Curry Powder-Two Tablespoon
- Salt-As per requirement
- Black Pepper-Half Teaspoon
- Chopped Tomatoes-Four Large Piece
- Coconut Milk-500 Grams
- Water-180 Millilitre
- Garam Masala-Half Teaspoon
- Chopped Coriander-To Garnish
- Yoghurt-Half Cup
- Turmeric-Four Teaspoons
- Ginger and Garlic Paste- Three Teaspoons
How To Cook Chicken Curry Recipe
- First marinate the chicken with yoghurt, turmeric, ginger and garlic paste and keep aside for three hours.
- Then, In a large pan heat oil. Add chopped onions and sauté until golden, over medium-low heat. stir occasionally.
- When onions are golden add grated garlic and ginger. Stir and cook for two minutes.
- Add chopped tomatoes and cook, stirring occasionally, until soft. Add curry powder and cook, stirring, for 4 minutes.
- Add chicken breast, season with salt and pepper, cook for 10 minutes, until golden.
- Cover the pan and cook for 2-3 minutes more. Add water, cover and cook for 10 minutes.
- . Add coconut milk, season with garam masala and salt, stir and cook until lightly thickens.
- Serve hot with rice or tandoori roti.