Easy Way To Cook White Sauce Pasta Recipe
The origins of white sauce pasta, also known as” pasta in bianco” in Italian, can be traced back to the 16th century in Italy. It was firstly made with just adulation and flour, which was also mixed with milk to produce a delicate and rich sauce.
Over time, the form evolved and cheese, specifically Parmesan cheese, was added to the sauce, giving it a rich and pungentflavor. The sauce was also poured over different types of pasta, with fusilli pasta being one of the most popular choices.
The dish quickly became a staple in Italian households, and eventually spread to other corridor of the world as Italian cookerycame more popular. moment, white sauce pasta is enjoyed by people each over the globe and is frequently served with a variety of condiments similar as vegetables, funk, or shrimp.
Whether you prefer a simple and classic interpretation or like to experiment with different condiments, white sauce pasta remains a cherished and comforting dish that has stood the test of time.
Ingreidents of White Sauce Pasta
- 1 pound fusilli pasta
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 4 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cups milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Seasonings (optional, for garnish)
How to cook White Sauce Pasta
- Cook the fusilli pasta according to the package instructions until al dente. Drain the water and set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat.
- Add the flour to the butter and whisk continuously until a paste forms, about 2 minutes.
- Gradually pour in the milk, whisking constantly to avoid lumps. Continue whisking until the mixture thickens and comes to a boil, about 5-7 minutes.
- Add salt and black pepper to the sauce and stir well.
- Add the Parmesan cheese to the sauce and stir until it has melted and the sauce is smooth.
- Add the cooked fusilli pasta to the sauce and stir until the pasta is coated evenly with the sauce.
- Serve hot, garnished with fresh parsley if desired. Enjoy!