Handi Kofta is a North Indian delicacy. One can prepare for a dinner party, special occasions or a usual family lunch, this quick and easy recipe can be cooked within an hour and stands for a sure shot delicious meal.
Handi Kofta – Ingredients
- Potatoes -500gm
- Spinach – 75gm
- Coriander -20gm
- Ginger -05 gm
- Carrot -50gm
- French Beans -50gm
- Green Peas – 50gm
- Mushrooms -50gm
- Cornflour – 20gm
- Cumin Seeds -05 gm
- Salt – to taste
How to make handi kofta recipe?
- Boil potatoes and peel. Mash and keep aside. Chop spinach, carrot, french beans and mushrooms. Make a paste of the ginger and garlic.
- Heat oil in a heavy bottomed pan and add cumin seeds.
- Next, add ginger garlic paste and chopped vegetables and cook till tender.
- Make small balls of the mashed potatoes after mixing with cornflour. Stuff the vegetable mixture in the mashed the potatoes and fry in hot oil. Halve and keep aside.
- Heat oil and fry the cumin seeds. When the seeds splutter, add onions and fry till it turns golden brown.
- Add the ginger garlic paste, the masalas, the tomatoes, yoghurt, salt and water and cook till the gravy has a smooth texture and the oil floats on the top.
- Add the koftas and simmer for a few minutes till the gravy gets absorbed.
- Garnish with chopped green coriander & serve hot.
About Corporate Executive Chef Sunil Soni
- Chef Sunil Soni was born and brought up in New Delhi, and did his initial culinary training at Taj Hotel.
- Chef Soni has written in numerous magazines and newspapers both in India the including India, Kuwait, Kenya, Seychelles and USA. He is a prolific writer and comes up with relevant articles, ahead of times about food.
- Click here to know more about Corporate Executive Chef Sunil Soni.