Chicken Korma the best recipe one could prepare in the home
Chicken Korma a Persian Koresh, a mild ghee-based stew that the Mughals Indianized with cream, yoghurt, ground almonds, saffron, and aromatic spices, is likely the origin of Chicken Korma.
If an Indian cook could make a Korma, he could cook for the Moghul court. He would be the king of the kitchen and cook for the emperor’s table if he could cook a dozen variations.
On the Indian subcontinent, there are four types of Korma curries: Mughlai, Shahi, Kashmiri, and South India. The Shahi and Mughlai recipes are similar to the traditional Korma recipe in that the yoghurt is mixed with almonds and the meat is simmered in yoghurt, onions, and spices.
Ingredients required for Chicken Korma Recipe
Curd- One Tablespoon
Red Chilli Powder – One Teaspoon
Salt- As per requirement
Oil – Three Tablespoon
Onion (sliced) – Half Cup
Salt – As per requirement
For Korma Paste
Almonds (soaked & peeled)-One Fourth Cup
Curd -Half Cup
Ginger -One Inch
Garlic Cloves – Six to Seven Pieces
Cumin Seeds-One Teaspoon
Method of Cooking Chicken Korma
- Let’s start with marinating Chicken for which have Chicken in the Bowl then add Curd, Red Chilli Powder, Salt (as per the taste).
- Next, heat the Oil in Wok then add Onion (sliced), Salt now saute it till the Onion is in golden brown colour.
- Next, take the Onion out in the bowl, and now fry the Chicken for which add Oil in the Wok with Ghee.
- Once the Ghee & Oil both heat up then add the Marinating Chicken. Next, stir the chicken on high flame till the chicken is half done.
- In the meantime let’s make the Korma Paste for which add Fried Onions, Almonds (soaked & peeled), Curd, Ginger & Garlic, Royal Cumin Seeds.
- Next, grind this without water initially then add Water and grind it in a smooth paste.
- Next, add Cinnamon stick into the frying chicken with Green Cardamom, Cloves, Bay Leaf then fry it for a minute then add in Korma Paste with some Water & Salt and cook it for 20 minutes with lid closed.
- Now, your homestyle Chicken Korma is ready to serve.