- 2 1/3 c. gluten-free flour
- 2 tsp. xanthan gum
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- 5 large eggs
How to prepare Gluten Free Pasta
- In a large bowl, whisk gluten-free flour, xanthan gum and salt.
- Make a large well in the middle of your flour mixture and add the eggs. Using a fork, whisk the eggs until they are mixed, and then slowly integrate the flour into the eggs until no dry flour remains and the dough forms. (You may need to switch from fork to hand at the end of the mixing process.)
- Turn the dough into a slightly floured surface and knead within 2 to 3 minutes.
- Cut the dough into quarters and wrap everything but one in a plastic bag. On a lightly floured surface, roll the uncovered dough into a long rectangle about 1/4 ”thick. Prepare the pasta for the widest setting and let the dough pass twice. Fold the short ends of the dough so that they meet in the center of the rectangle, and then fold in half to make the dough in quarters. Roll again into the dough is 1/4 “thick, then pass the pasta 2 times.
- Adjust the pasta so that it is 1 degree narrower and repeat the process. Continue rolling, folding and adjusting until the desired thickness is reached. The dough should be slightly translucent.
- Place the cooked dough on a lightly floured surface and dust more flour. Repeat the process with the remaining pasta.
- Adjust the pasta to the desired noodle width and place the dough in the machine. Divide the noodles into equal portions and curl into a nest. Place on parchment-coated parchment sheet and cover with a clean kitchen towel until ready to cook.
- Cooking: bring a large pot of salt water to the boil and add the pasta. Cook gently with a wooden spoon until tender for 2 to 3 minutes
- Drain and serve with your favorite pasta sauce.