Kolkata Style Mughlai Paratha |Lockdown Recipe Cookbook
Mughlai paratha is a popular Bengali street food originated from Kolkata, West Bengal, India.
Ingredients-Kolkata Style Mughlai Paratha
- Maida: 500 Grams
- Salt-One-Two Teaspoon
- Oil-Half Cup
- Water-As per your requirement
- Chopped Onion-Three Big
- Chopped-One Teaspoon
- Chopped Coriander Leaves
- Salt to taste
- 2 green chiles, chopped
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
How to prepare Kolkata Style Mughlai Paratha
- First, make the dough. combine flour, salt and oil together. Give a mix very well till it resembles fine bread crumbs. This will ensure the flakiness of the paratha. Then put warm water little by little and knead it. We need semi-soft, stretchy and pliable dough so that you can able to roll out thin.
- Once you knead it well, smear little oil on the surface of the dough. Cover with a damp cloth to prevent drying out the surface. Keep it aside for half an hour
- Now let’s prepare inner stuffing/ filling. In a bowl, put chopped onion, coriander leaves, minced garlic, eggs, green chillies, pepper and salt.
- Beat well and it’s ready. After resting the dough for 30 minutes, knead it again. Now take a ball out of this dough. Roll with the help of some flour.
- Keep rolling out as thin as possible but not paper thin, else it will not hold the stuffing well. Put the egg stuffing in the middle. Spread little.
- Now fold two opposite sides towards the centre. (Please watch the video above)Similarly, fold another two ends so that it completely closed the filling inside.
- Make sure no filling has come out. Gently slide the paratha. Cook on low flame else inner egg filling will remain undercooked.
- Splash the oil gently from sides on the Mughlai paratha. This way it will get enough oil to cook.
- Cook until both sides turn to a nice and golden brown.
- Once done, take out on a paper towel.
- Serve Mughlai paratha with spicy potato curry or tomato ketchup/mustard sauce.
Check out our Instagram Page-here
Also check out our breakfast recipes-here