Marinated lamb meatballs on sticks or Gosht Ke Lollipop is an appetizer which is ideal to serve before the main meal and is usually accompanied by a welcome drink. This an authentic dish from Hyderabad and Hyderabadi cuisine has a legacy of almost 400 years.
Ingredients – Marinated lamb meatballs on sticks
- Boneless lamb meat -500 grams, cut (thigh portion) into small pieces
- Ginger-Garlic paste -1 tsp
- Chilli powder -1/2 tsp
- Turmeric powder- 1/2 tsp
- Garam masala powder- 1/2 tsp
- Lemon juice -2 tsp
- Oil for frying Curd -1 to 2 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Narrow wooden sticks 6 to 8 inches long
How to prepare the Gosht Ke Lollipop?
- Blend all the ingredients except the curd and oil with the meat pieces
- Next, cook in a thick-bottomed container with a little water
- Till the lamb becomes soft and the mixture is almost dry.
- Grind the mixture in a food processor till smooth.
- If the mix is too dry and difficult to grind, add some curd.
- Make into lemon-sized balls and pierce each one with a stick.
- Deep fry till golden brown.
- Serve hot with mint dip, tomato ketchup and onion rings.
Check out our chicken recipes – here
Check out our Instagram page – here