Oily fish such as mackerel are a rich source of omega -3 essential fatty acid and also have a high level of potassium, so if there’s one food that’s good for your heart, it’s only oily fish. This dish flavoured with a hot and spicy mix of red and green chillies.
- 2 Mackerel – Cut across into 4-5 steaks
- Turmeric – 1/2 Tsp
- Salt – 1/4 Tsp
- Rice Flour – 2 Tablespoon
- Olive oIl – 2 Tablespoon
- Dried Red Chillies – 3-4 Nos.
- Cumin Seeds – 1/2 Tsp
- Garlic Cloves 4-5 Nos.
- 1 Onion -Roughly Chopped
- Peeled and grated fresh root ginger – 1 Tsp
- Chopped Green Chillies – 3 Nos.
How to make mackerel fish in red chili?
- Place the mackerel on a plate and spray over the turmeric and salt. Sprinkle over the rice flour and coat the fish in flour.
- Heat a frying pan on medium heat and add 1 tablespoon of oil. Put the fish in the pan and fry for 6-7 minutes. The fish will be slightly crunchy and reddish brown in colour. Remove it from the pan and set aside.
- Place the red chillies, cumin and coriander seeds, peppercorns, tamarind, garlic and onion into a blender and blend to a coarse paste.
- Heat the remaining 1 tablespoon of oil in the pan.
- Add the fish and the spice mixture and cook for 3 minutes.
- Pour 2 tablespoon of water to make the sauce smoother.
- Add the ginger and green chillies, mix and cook for a further minute.
- Serve hot with fried rice or chapatis.
Check out our other recipes here