Manti are such wonderful mini dumplings! They are great for parties and as appetizers. They are easy to make, even for your children who might want to help. This recipe uses wonton wrappers that are typically easy to find, and the dumplings are served with parsley and yoghurt.
- 2 tsp. of garlic, chopped finely
- ¼ cup of oil, vegetable
- 4 chopped onions
- 1 ¼ lb. of lamb, minced
- 1 tsp. of cumin, ground
- ½ tsp. of coriander, also ground
- ¼ tsp. of chilli powder
- ½ tsp. of salt, coarse
40 wonton wrappers, white, square
Dhal (dried legume seeds/pulses)
How To Prepare Manti
- Heat the oil in a large fry pan.
- Add lamb. Fry on low until browned lightly. Stir the meat so that it separates.
- Add onion. Stir fry just until it becomes translucent.
- Add salt, garlic and spices. Stir fry until the mixture is fragrant, about two to three minutes.
- Transfer the mixture to a medium bowl and allow to cool.
- Place one heaping tsp. of the lamb filling in the centre of the wonton wrapper.
- Brush edges with water. Close with opposite corners.
- Draw in remaining corners and seal edges.
- The result should be a square-shaped pouch.
- Follow this step with the rest of the filling and wrappers.
- Place Manti in the steamer. Don’t allow them to touch. Steam them for about 10 minutes.
- Top each one with yoghurt, dhal and sprinkle with parsley.
- Serve warm.