Murg Badami Recipe
Murg Badami is an authentic Punjabi recipe. As the name suggests is a rich chicken curry made along with almonds. This goes best with Tandoori Roti or hot steamed rice.
Ingredients- Murg Badami
- Fresh Chicken(Curry Cut) – One Kilogram
- Curd- Two Cups
- Turmeric- One Tablespoon
- Red Chili Powder- One Tablespoon
- Salt- As per your requirement
- Ginger Garlic Paste- One Tablespoon
- Almond Paste- Half Cup
- Dried Red Chilies- Four Pieces
- Coriander and Green Chili Paste- One Tablespoon
- Milk / Cream/Malai – Half Cup
- Onions(Sliced)- Five Pieces
- Coriander Seed Powder- One Tablespoon
- Cumin Seed Powder- One Tablespoon
- Ghee- Two Tablespoon
- Oil- As per your requirement
- Cumin Seed – One Tablespoon
- Kasturi Methi- For Garnishing
How To Prepare Murg Badami
- Take chicken in a large bowl, and add garlic paste, ginger paste, red chilli powder, turmeric powder, coriander seed powder, cumin seed powder, almond paste, beaten curd, salt, oil over the chicken massage it well and keep aside for two hours.
- Add ghee and oil in a pan and heat it on a high flame.
- Next, add onions and fry till the color is golden brownish.
- Now add the dried red chilies and saute for two minutes.
- Post that, add the marinated chicken and mix it well.
- Now add coriander green chili paste and cumin seeds.
- Next, cook the chicken on a low flame till the chicken is completely done.
- Once Done, Garnish with Kastrui Methi.
- Serve hot with steamed rice or Tandoori Roti.
Check out our Andhra Chicken Curry Recipe- here
Check out How To Make Anda Ghotala-here
[…] Check out our Murg Badami Chicken recipe-here […]