Mutton Dum Pukht is a traditional slow-cooked mutton recipe that will surely take you to the tour of Heaven.
Ingredients-Mutton Dum Pukht
- Green Cardamoms – 2-3
- Cumin Seeds – 1 tsp
- Garlic – 2 pods
- Black Cardamom – 1
- Coriander Leaves – 1/2 cup
- Green Chilies – 1-6
- Cloves – 4
- Ginger – 1″ piece
- Black Pepper Corns – 6
- Mint Leaves – 1/4 cup
- Onion -1/2
- Water- 3 cups
- Curd – 1 cup
- Wheat Flour – 1/2 cup
- Salt – to taste
- Oil – 2 tbsp
- Mutton – 1/2 kg
How To Prepare Mutton Dum Pukht
- Mix thoroughly mutton, curd and salt and keep aside.
- In a mixer grind the marinate till it forms a fine paste.
- Mix the paste with the marinated mutton.
- Put in freezer for 6-8 hours.
- Knead a soft dough with the flour and keep covered.
- Heat up oil in a thick-bottomed pan.
- Mix in marinated mutton and stir fry on a slow flame for 10 minutes or till the oil starts separating.
- Mix in the water.
- Cover the pot with a lid.
- Seal with kneaded flour and stir fry for 45 minutes on a slow flame or till steam comes out of cracks in the flour.
- Cut off the flour and serve with naan.
Check out our Instagram Page-here
Also check out Chef Sunil’s Diary-here