Ingredients- Pomfret Curry
- 1 large pomfret 3 tbsp ghee / oil 3 medium
- onions, finely chopped
- 6 garlic flakes, finely chopped
- 1″ piece of ginger, finely chopped
- 5-6 green chillies, finely chopped
- 250 ml fish stock
- 100 ml thick coconut milk
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper powder
- 2 tbsp brown palm vinegar Masala
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- ½ tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp rice grains
- 2 green cardamoms
- 3″ stick cinnamon
- 4 cloves
How To Prepare Pomfret Curry
- Clean fish, wash and drain.
- Cut into ½” thick slices.
- Grind masala ingredients to a fine consistency.
- In a pan, heat ghee / oil and sauté onions over moderate heat, till golden brown.
- Add garlic, ginger and green chillies and fry well, till fragrant.
- Add ground masala and stir till the oil separates from it.
- Sprinkle in a little water if required, to prevent burning.
- Add stock and coconut milk, then fish, salt and pepper.
- Bring to a boil, stirring all the while.
- Lower heat, add vinegar and simmer for 5 minutes.
Check out our other seafood recipes – here