Seekh Kebab is one of the best-known tandoori dishes in Indian cooking. There are many recipes for these, and each chef adds his/her ingredients to give it a special and possibly unique flavour. This recipe contributed by Corporate Executive Chef Sunil Soni.
Seekh Kebabs – Ingredients
- Minced Mutton – 1 Kg
- Black Jeera – 10 Gms
- Garam Masala Powder – 10 Gms
- Chopped Green Chillies – 10 Gms
- Ginger Garlic Paste – 25 GmsSalt – to taste
- Fresh Coriander Leaves Chopped – 10 Gms
- White Pepper Powder – 15 Gms
- Cashewnut bit-sized pieces – 50 Gms
- Processed Cheese – 80 Gms
- Red Chili Powder – 15 Gms
- Salt – To Taste
How to make mouthwatering handcrafted seekh kebab?
- Mix all the above ingredients except cheese.
- Prepare a mixture of cheese and minced mutton and knead it well, later mix all the ingredients.
- Sprinkle a lot of grated processed cheese and remix it.
- Next, keep the mixture in a bowl, cover it and let it remain in the deep freezer for 5-10 minutes.
- Now divide it into five equal sized balls, Take a seekh and spread each minced mutton ball on to it using water. Spread in a way it should not be very thick or very thin.
- Cook it in the tandoor, while basting it with oil regularly.
Accompaniments: Serve these delicious kebabs along with mint dip, onion rings, also squeeze lemon juice over the kebab and sprinkle chat masala.
Cooking Time – 10 – 15 Minutes , Kitchen Utensils – Skewer (Seekh), Tray and Tandoor
About Corporate Executive Chef Sunil Soni
- Chef Sunil Soni was born and brought up in New Delhi, and did his initial culinary training at Taj Hotel.
- Chef Soni has written in numerous magazines and newspapers both in India the including India, Kuwait, Kenya, Seychelles and USA. He is a prolific writer and comes up with relevant articles, ahead of times about food.
- Click here to know more about Corporate Executive Chef Sunil Soni.