Nature, Art and History is not far from the reach of Delhiites and these are the perfect weekend getaways from Delhi.
Note:-Target these wonderful places for the upcoming weekend trip(26th January 2018-28th January 2018) which is almost near.
Located in the Himalayan foothills beside the sacred river Ganga, the beauty of Rishikesh has been welcomed by all the tourists. It has gained fame for studying yoga and meditation. Also, the temples and ashrams are centres for religious studies. This place has also developed as the hub of adventure sports in India. River Rafting in Rishikesh has emerged as the most popular adventure, apart from that there are multitude options including Bungee Jumping, Flying Fox, Mountain Biking, etc.
1) Laxman Jhula- Laxman Jhula is a famous hanging bridge situated 80 feet above the River Ganga and 450 feet long. The bridge connects two settlements, Tapovan and Jonk, crossing the river from west to east. The construction of various grand temples around the Jhula has made it one of the most visited places in Rishikesh.
2) Triveni Ghat- Triveni Ghat is a confluence of three significant holy rivers of India. The Ganges, the Yamuna, and the Saraswathi. It is one of the most important sacred bathing spots in Rishikesh, situated on the banks of the Ganges river.
Distance From Delhi: 242 Km
Where to Eat?
Chotiwala Restaurant- It is one of the oldest eateries in Rishikesh located at a nearby distance in Ram Jhula. It is said that a trip to the city is incomplete without a meal in Chotiwala. Started in 1958, it is the most prominent restaurant on the bank of Ganga.
Little Buddha Cafe- The next place one should explore food is Little Buddha cafe located in Laxman Jhula. It is tree house-styled with a cosy sitting on the top floor giving a few of the Ganges.
Bistro Nirvana- Nirvana which means bliss or joy or pleasure, Bistro Nirvana is just a perfect name for it. This cafe cum restaurant gives you a relaxing environment once you enter it. You will be relaxed with their rustic ambience of mud and clay and bamboo furniture. They also have an outdoor sitting.Their menus include some irresistible delicacies.
Lansdowne, perfect for a one day tour from Delhi, is an isolated, fresh and unblemished destination that proudly makes it on the list of most beautiful weekend getaways from Delhi. The hilltop has breathtaking and mesmerising views for and is the home to the cantonment of Garhwal Rifles of Indian Army.
1) Bhulla Lake- A quiet lake well managed by the Indian army, Perfect place for a picnic in Lansdowne also they have boating facilities to engage the tourists.
2) Jungle Safari- If you’re a flora and fauna lover, one will enjoy the jungle safari that allows people to explore the wilderness of Lansdowne.
Distance From Delhi: 260 Km
Restaurants in Lansdowne
Travel Cafe- It is an antique shop and a theme based cafe in the city. The cafe offers coffee, quick bites and few other continental dishes.
Tipsy Cafe- They serve some good qualities of food like paranthas, fusion Maggi and other vegetables dishes.
Mandawa frequently related to an as Open Art Gallery. Tremendous villas connect the city and make it outstanding on the list of great weekend getaways from Delhi.
1) Binsidhar Newatia Haveli- There are fantastically interesting paintings on the external eastern wall, including a European woman in a chauffeur-driven car, the Wright brothers in flight watched by women in saris, a strongman hauling along a car, and a bird-man flying in a winged device.
2) Murmuria Haveli- The haveli indicates the vibrant art and culture of Rajasthan.
Distance From Delhi: 232 Km
Where to Eat?
Shekhawati Restaurant- A housetop restaurant that gives a magnificent view of the city alongside a wonderful cuisine.
Rasila Restaurant- One of the best place in Mandawa to eat. They have an awesome variety of food on their menu. Rajasthani Thali is a must try.
Wildlife enthusiasts can travel to Bharatpur, which is famous for its beautiful UNESCO-listed Keoladeo National Park- a wetland and important bird sanctuary. Apart from the park, Bharatpur also has a few historical traces, which add-on to the visitors’ list.
Distance from Delhi- 220 Km
Restaurant– The best option is to have food from the RTDC tourism hotel at Bharatpur. They serve decent foods.
There are around 81 temples and is located on the banks of the river Beas. This place got its name from Sage Mandav who meditated here and is perhaps the second most populated town in Himachal. Mandi is popular amongst trekkers and is the start point of many treks towards Shikari Devi, Barot, Jhatingri, Karsog, etc.
Prashar Lake– This lake lies 49 km north of Mandi and has a three-storied pagoda-like temple dedicated to the sage Prashar. The lake is located at the height of 2730 m above sea level with deep blue waters and is surrounded by snow-topped peaks. Visiting Prashar Lake is a must in Mandi.
Pandoh Dam– This dam constructed on Beas river to primarily solve the purpose of hydroelectric power generation for Mandi. The location is beautiful and full of greenery.
Distance From Delhi: 416 Km
Where to Eat?
The 4Tables- Located in Gunehr, Speciality is they serve home cooked food, and those are very delicious.
Chail is a quiet hill station situation close to Shimla. It became famous for having world’s highest cricket and polo ground. It also has luxurious retreats situated atop three hills. Since these resorts are near to Delhi often act as leisure getaways to detox. Chail is a quintessential destination for travellers who are looking to have a calm and relaxed holiday.
Distance From Delhi: 336 Km
Where to Eat?
Chail Palace-The palace is an amazing property and the restaurant is just like any other HPTDC(Himachal Pradesh Tourism Development Corporation) restaurant which serves amazing food. We had coffee and snacks during a stopover at the palace and they were amazing. While there we also tried the King’s bar which has reasonably priced liquor.